[kdenlive] This does not seem to be a "Debug" build. - Qt creator

Roger Morton ttguy1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 22:40:38 UTC 2015

So I want to restart my Kdenlive developer career ;-) and I have set
up Qt creator to build Kdenlive from git

git://anongit.kde.org/kdenlive.git

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
nothing to commit, working directory clean

I can build and run kdenlive from qt creator but when I go to do a
debug run qt creator says

This does not seem to be a "Debug" build.
Setting breakpoints by file name and line number may fail.

Section .debug_info: Not found.
Section .debug_abbrev: Not found.
Section .debug_line: Not found.
Section .debug_str: Not found.
Section .debug_loc: Not found.
Section .debug_range: Not found.
Section .gdb_index: Not found.
Section .note.gnu.build-id: Found.
Section .gnu.hash: Found.
Section .gnu_debuglink: Not found.

--
My google foo has failed me when trying to resolve this.
Ideas anyone ?