[kdenlive] Introduction

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:57:18 UTC 2015

Hi there, everybody.

I am Evert Vorster, residing in Walvis Bay, Namibia.
I do an interesting work in the oil and gas industry, and get to
travel quite a bit.

Photography has been a long time hobby of mine, and for the last ten
years or so I have been getting quite a bit of video footage as well.
Right now, that's about 1Tb of HD footage and photos.

Among my other interests is free and open software, and I have been
running various sources based linux distrobutions in the last 15
years. Currently I have been using Arch, as it's just less hassle and
most things work out of the box, while it still allows me to build
applications I am interested in from source.

Kdenlive is such an application, and I have been using it for quite a
few years now.

http://www.youtube.com/evorster is my youtube channel, and all the
videos on there has been edited with Kdenlive.

In short, I have a lot of experience with using kdenlive and building
software, and am hopefully somewhat useful in my bug reports.

-Evert Vorster-