[kdenlive] Kdenlive compilation

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Mar 3 22:15:37 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 04 March 2015 00.07:44 you wrote:
> I managed to install  0.9.50+git20150302.0145+15.04-0ubuntu0 using synaptic
> on my kbuntu 15.04 from LP-PPA-kubuntu-ciunstable/now
> It warned me not to save projects.
>
> Auto save is working on this version.
> Can you tell what branch of the code this is built from? ie is this
> the origin/15.04
> "clean port" branch. Because I think that is the branch I should test on -
> the candidate release branch.

Hi Roger,

Forwarding to the list so that everyone can understand what is currently
happening as things are getting a bit complicated with branches. Here is a
quick description of the current situation:

If you get the warning about experimental version on open/save project in
Kdenlive, that means you are using the "frameworks" branch, which contains the
Qt5/KF5 code with refactoring code.

The branch that will be released as part of KDE Applications 15.04 is now:
* Applications/15.04

All fixes / patches should go there (but no string change and no new
features).

We need to make some cleanup with the other branches, here is a brief
explanation of them:

* master
Currently contains the same code as Applications/15.04 but we should merge all
changes from the "frameworks" branch so that master will be the branch
containing the refactoring stuff where new features should be added

* frameworks
Should be merged in "master" then removed

* 15.04
That is an obsolete branch, should be removed

* stabilize, movit, next, jogshuttle, movit contain some stuff that might be
at some point merged into master.

Hope it helps,

regards
jb