[kdenlive] Kdenlive Installation

Kamalpreet Grewal grewalkamal005 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:00:47 UTC 2015

Hi
I have been trying to install Kdenlive on my system that has Kubuntu
15.04 as its OS. I have installed all the dependencies required.

When I build it in QtCreator, it compiles successfully and I get the following:

Starting /home/kamal/kdenlive/src/kdenlive-build/renderer/kdenlive_render...
Kdenlive video renderer for MLT.
Usage: kdenlive_render [-erase] [-kuiserver] [-locale:LOCALE] [in=pos]
[out=pos] [render] [profile] [rendermodule] [player] [src] [dest]
[[arg1] [arg2] ...]
  -erase: if that parameter is present, src file will be erased at the end
  -kuiserver: if that parameter is present, use KDE job tracker
  -locale:LOCALE : set a locale for rendering. For example,
-locale:fr_FR.UTF-8 will use a french locale (comma as numeric
separator)
  in=pos: start rendering at frame pos
  out=pos: end rendering at frame pos
  render: path to MLT melt renderer
  profile: the MLT video profile
  rendermodule: the MLT consumer used for rendering, usually it is avformat
  player: path to video player to play when rendering is over, use '-'
to disable playing
  src: source file (usually MLT XML)
  dest: destination file
  args: space separated libavformat arguments
/home/kamal/kdenlive/src/kdenlive-build/renderer/kdenlive_render
exited with code 0

I expected Kdenlive to show up in the application window but it is
not. Figured it enough myself. What can be the possible reason for its
such behavior?

Waiting for quick replies.

--
Kamalpreet Kaur Grewal