[kdenlive] Git branch for release and translations

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Feb 27 01:18:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Dijous, 26 de febrer de 2015, a les 11:52:27, Dan Dennedy va escriure:
> the
> > >
> > > branch renaming yesterday morning.

> > > mess up personal clones, so there is nothing that we can do but wait
> for
> > > the busy sysadmins to process our request.

> > > please let us know..
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Sysadmins answered (on IRC) advising me to do a proper git merge
> instead
> > > of forcing branches, avoiding to break clones...
> > > This took me quite some time to resolve conflicts, but saved all the
> > > changes on diverged branches!
> > >
> > > So just in time, *master now follows the new release*, based on KDE
> > > Frameworks 5 & MLT 0.9.4!
> > > Expect then some difficulties to get it built, please read carefully
> the
> > > notes on
> > > https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Development/KF5
> > > please complete with more detailed explanations, handling other distro
> > > etc,
> > > and ask for help here, or on forum, or on new bugs.kde.org Kdenlive
> > > section (only one bug please)!
> > >
> > > And then please test test test !
> > >
> > > Time for a blog post (tomorrow)?
> >
> > Which branch do you recommend for the build script provided by MLT and
> our
> > build server that is providing the nightly downloads? Most users will not
> > have KF5 runtime to run the nightly nor KF5 dev to run the script
> > themselves. I assume most people using these are interested in a recent
> > stable version - not necessarily the bleeding edge.
>
> What is in master (and thus will be released with KDE Applications 15.04)
> is a
> stable version.
>
> Otherwise what's the point of doing a release?

Sorry you misunderstood. I did not intend to suggest master branch is
unsuitable for KDE Applications 15.04. Some people not running KDE 5 want
something now that is more recent, better or different than what their
distro package provides. I think you are a newcomer to the development
Kdenlive community and do not know about the build script and nightly
bundles of which I am talking. That is OK; just understand that my message
is a diversion in this thread, and I am not trying to derail the KDE
processes or suggest changes to the kdenlive git branches.

--
+-DRD-+