[kdenlive] pre-release KF5 version

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sat Feb 14 14:59:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As discussed on IRC, I created a new branch called "15.04" which contains a
"clean" Qt5/KF5 version of Kdenlive.

"Clean" means that it is just the KDE4 version ported to Qt5/KF5, without any
of the refactoring changes.

This branch could be released as our first KF5 version. I will spend some time
in the week-end to backport some KF5 fixes that were later added to the
frameworks branch.

This 15.04 version should have all features of the KDE4 version, except for
OpenGL monitor display, which will make a comeback in our frameworks branch in
the next months.

If you can, please test this 15.04 branch so that we can make it ready for
release. Build instructions have been updated here (this requires a running
KF5 install, available for example in Kubuntu 15.04 preview releases):
https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Development/KF5

regards
jb