[kdenlive] Kdenlive 15.08 RC: please test!

Vincent PINON vincent.pinon at laposte.net
Fri Aug 7 14:12:52 UTC 2015

Hello,

I consider readers of this list as the 1st circle of Kdenlive followers.
You should know we are well advanced in the process to release 15.08,
which brings much more changes than the quick port from 15.04 :
this time it is 8 month of refactoring and new features that get out...
we've seen things braking and fixed it, but there are still many :
please help us to list and prioritize it on bugtracker!

Neither JB and I spend time to test beyond most simple functions;
15.04 was poorly tested before 15.04.0/1 were packaged,
this should not be the case this time (KF5 environment is now common)!

Alpha and Beta got out weeks back and we are already in RC,
so please run a CI package or build it and provide us the most precise
feedback on bugzilla... or even better get involved and send patches on
reviewboard?! (We're lacking time to treat everything properly)

Are there also volunteers to help writing the announcement?
And don't hesitate to spread the word on your usual channels...

Cheers,

Vincent.