[Kdenlive-devel] max_analyze_duration reached

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Sep 22 01:30:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Pascal Fleury <fleury at users.sourceforge.net
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am completely stuck, any help welcome...
>
> I am about to finish a video project, where I use pretty long files
> (several 1080p at 25 13 minute chunks, audio @ 96kHz stereo 32 bit float for
> 1.5 hours) and it seemed to work nicely so far. I used proxy clips all
> along, as working off the original video is just not possible.

I never use proxy clips, almost always source clips, and very occasionally
transcode problematic clips.

> Now I try to render the project, and I face many issues: first, when
> rendering the project with proxy clips set on the clips (the little 'P'),
> it does not use the full resolution for the final render. I think this is a
> known issue (ignores the little checkbox in the render dialog).
>
> My real issue is that if I remove the proxy clips, then it tries to
> re-render the thumbnails on the time line, and gets them all wrong. The
> files are correct, but it does not display the right images (takes some
> others), and renders full black video.
>
> After saving and reloading, it's even worse, as I face the issue with lots
> of lines like in the title (more, see below). And after this, _all_ clips
> on the timeline are zero length, completely ruining my project. I use git
> for all text files, and did regular checkpoints, so I have not lost much
> besides time, and rollbacks are easy.

Sounds like "remove the proxy clips" is not a safe operation.

> So essentially, I am stuck with a project I cannot render after 60 hours
> of editing time... Any help ? Anything I

I think you need a workaround for that problem with the checkbox being
ignored, but I do not know anything about the proxy mode in Kdenlive. Maybe
there is a way to modify the xml and render it with melt.

> could do to get a final video from my project ? Or is this
> max_analyze_duration from an underlying tool that I could downgrade/upgrade
> ?
>
> I can definitely tell you that the message "max_analyze_duration reached"
comes from libavformat. It appears very frequently in many tools (too
verbose), is related to determining the duration of a clip, and is not
likely related to your problem.