[Kdenlive-devel] New feature discussion

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 00:19:40 UTC 2014

Hi there, devs.

How difficult would it be to implement a way to apply special effects
to the timeline itself?

For instance, say I have a few clips that are too light, and I want to
darken that part of the output video. Right now I have to add that
special effect to each clip. The other option is to save a kdenlive
project, and load that project as a clip, and then apply the effect to
the part of the project I am interested in.

It would be much more intuitive if it was possible to apply a special
effect to the timeline itself.

The same goes for stuff like pan & zoom. When importing images from
GoPro I get many different series of pictures, and would like to apply
the same pan & zoom to all of them. So, rather than applying to each
clip, I would like to be able to apply to the timeline.

In any case, thank you all for the really great software that is Kdenlive.

--
Evert Vorster
Chief Observer