[Kdenlive-devel] Any way to add shapes ?

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Mar 13 18:33:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 4:12 AM, Vincent PINON <vincent.pinon at laposte.net>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> This is a developers list, you should rather ask user questions on forum (
> http://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=262).
>
> However, a short reply to your interrogation:
> you can import shapes as images (SVG, PNG...) and then move & rotate them
> through "composite" tranition.

Please do not use composite for animation size, position, and rotation. It
gives very poor results due to no sub-pixel interpolation.  Use affine
instead. Affine may skip interpolation when previewed within the tool, but
it automatically switches to bilinear interpolation at render time. For
simple compositing and when the size/position is static, composite gives
better performance.

> To add text or basic shapes you also have the titler tool.
> For more complex animations JBM made a demo with synfig studio (look for
> it on kdenlive's website).
>
> BR,
>
> Vincent.
>
> Le 13/03/2014 08:37, flopez_es at ono.com a écrit :
>
> Hello.
>
> I sent this yesterday but I do not see the thread so resending ...
>
> Is there any way to add shapes to the videos ?
>
> I need to prepare something and I need to add some extra explanation with
> arrows, circles, etc
>
> Regards
> Javier
>
> Fco. Javier López