[Kdenlive-devel] Git commit 66516b9 - Vincent Pinion

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 00:31:33 UTC 2014

Hi there...

This commit unfortunately has made my life quite a bit more difficult
than it needs to be.
I submitted a bug about this two weeks ago, (0003323), but it has not
been assigned to anyone yet.

In short, it's far more common to do audio fades than fade to and from
black on video clips.

I can see that it makes sense to do video stuff on video clips, and
audio stuff on audio clips.

However, when I split out the audio out of the video clips as a
compromise, I am still unable to quickly add audio fades, as the
functionality is broken.

I do realize that there is a massive code cleanup effort underway, and
that messing with this code is as much fun as getting poked in the
eye.

I just prefer the previous behavior, and if it's too much trouble to
make audio fades work as expected on audio clips that were split from
video clips, I would rather see this commit reverted.

Kind regards,
--
Evert Vorster
Chief Observer