[Kdenlive-devel] Fwd: Review Request 119095: GUI Added the vid.stab video stabilizer as a menu option.

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 8 16:50:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 11:34:40AM +0100, Evert Vorster wrote:
> I would keep the other two stabilizers around for a while, there is no harm
> in having a choice, is there?

I keep seeing too many people think this way, and yes indeed, there is harm
in having a choice. It is not a meaningful choice to users; how would they
know which one to choose? And it means more code to be maintained, more
clutter in the UI, and more confusion. The user does not want three different
video stabilization filter, he/she just wants one that works. I would love if
free software would be better at realizing that choice fundamentally tends to
make people unhappy.

The only real argument for keeping them that I can see would be that we
shouldn't break existing projects without a good reason, but Dan has already
pointed out that removing them won't.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/