[Kdenlive-devel] Feature for kdenlive....

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 18:17:30 UTC 2014

Ah .mlt files works pretty neat until you start using footage that's
4k, or 1080p @ 50fps. Even quite impressively powerful computers
struggle to play an .mlt file associated with such footage.

I would like the _option_ of just rendering a stabilization into a new
clip and add that clip to the project.
Could be the form of another clip job that is normally greyed out
unless the clip in question is an .mlt file.
Clicking on it could conceivably bring up the render dialog so one can
pick output format & bitrates and name.

However, I do understand that this is not the time to be adding new
features, so I am sitting on this one until someone is bored enough to
ask if there is any new features we want to see.

;)

-Evert-

On 4 July 2014 15:13, Pascal Fleury <fleury at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Le 3 juil. 2014 16:29, "Evert Vorster" <evorster at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

>> Glad to hear it works for you.
>>
>> I'm waiting on the KDE devs to switch the head of kdenlive.
>>
>> I still find it slightly annoying that there is no option to just
>> render .mlt files and add them back into the project. But that would
>> be much more difficult to implement, so I am still doing that on the
>> command line.
>>

> I think I could import .mlt files as clips and just use them. They need to
> be from a different kdenlive project though. With the preview clips, it
> worked pretty neat.
>
>> -Evert-
>>
>> On 4 July 2014 00:25, Steve Guilford <s.guilford at dbplugins.com> wrote:
>> > I posted the diff output on the Kde review board - I think. Awaiting the
>> > next step there...
>> >
>> > I was also able to test it successfully.  Turns out something within
>> > MLT/Movit/Kdenlive doesn't like the nvidia-331 driver.

>> > --
>> > Steve Guilford
>> > http://www.dbplugins.com

>> --