[Kdenlive-devel] Problem: Brightness changing when using still frames

Claus R. F. Overbeck claus.overbeck at abovo-it.com
Wed Feb 19 15:28:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a problem with inserting still frames in a video. The brightness
of the frozen/still frame changes compared to the rest of the video.
What I do is: Extract a frame from a clip. Than insert that frame as a
still. The same happens when I use the original clip and the freeze
effect. One can see this in the project preview but also in the rendered
video. My problem seems to be very similar to this:
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=116531&sid=1ae1f924705dcf0755177a39731fea19

I have placed a test project, that shows the issue, at
http://overbeck-it.de/tmp/kdenlive-test.tgz
When you play the project you can see changes in brightness. It also
occurs in the rendered output.

Is this a known issue and is there a workaround?
I am trying to finish an urgent project and would hate to have to switch
to a different software now but I really cannot live with the "blinking".

Thanks for your help!

Claus

P.S.: I love kdenlive, thanks for the great work!

--
Abovo-IT UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Zeisigweg 41

Geschäftsführer: Claus R. F. Overbeck