[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive and Movit

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Sat Feb 1 21:31:45 UTC 2014

Hi!

I hope at least some of you were able to watch my talk at FOSDEM today. :-)
For those that didn't: One of the things I did was demo a version of Kdenlive
that supports Movit. This was a _lot_ more work than I ever expected for
something that eventually amounted to a two-minute demo; 80-90% of it ended
up being MLT work (which, thanks to Dan Dennedy, now largely is upstream),
but there's also a fair amount of Kdenlive-specific patches.

It's not ready for merging at this time, but it's been increasingly stable
for me, and I believe it has real value. If you want to test it, here is the
Git repository:

  http://git.sesse.net/?p=kdenlive

Note that you will need the latest MLT from git (I think ideally my
repository, but upstream should work fine, too). Also, you will need to
enable OpenGL output, or things will simply crash :-) I have not tried
rendering.

So, any feedback welcome; give it a shot.

Slides are available at http://movit.sesse.net/; the recording from the talk
should be out in the coming weeks or months.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/