[kdenlive] building melt on Qt5 on ubuntu

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Dec 27 16:13:23 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Roger Morton <ttguy1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> No /usr/include/qt5/QtSvg/  folder on my system.
>
> I have
> /usr/include/qt5/ but not the
> QtSvg
>
> I do however, get a melt to compile if I leave the QT_LIB_DIR commented
> out like it was in the original build script.
>
> # QT_LIB_DIR=
>
> So I have a compile with just
>
> QT_INCLUDE_DIR="/usr/include/qt5"
>
> The nightly melt builds on our Debian nodes build against Qt 5 by setting
the QTDIR environment variable, e.g.:
QTDIR=$HOME/Qt/5.1.1/gcc

QTDIR is not specific to MLT build scripts. Any qmake-based project will
use it as well - maybe also cmake, not sure.

> I wonder if that is enough to have it actually compiled against qt5
>
> ./melt ~/Videos/dummy2.mpg  plays a file

"ldd lib/mlt/libmltqt.so" to what the plugin is linked against.
run "./melt -query producers" and see if qimage and qtext appear.

--
+-DRD-+