[kdenlive] FCP or AAF export tool

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:11:53 UTC 2014

hi piotr

too bad you didnt get a response so far, i for one, am very interested in
an edl export that lets me work with blender. ( they have this addon:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/EDL_Import
)

i work with some editors who use premiere, what edl format does your tool
export to?

cheers

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a heavy kdenlive user since almost a year, and I want to thank you for
> the great piece of software.
> Now, I'm thinking about contributing to kdenlive in FCP export tool (and
> in future in other things which i think may need improving).
>
> Short version of the story:
> I made a feature film with kdenlive (~20 minutes running time, 80GB of
> media). I needed to export it to either FCP or Avid but couldn't find any
> plugins/scripts. So I've made a kdenlive export tool to FCP7, and from
> there, using (now free) Automatic Duck to Avid.
>
> Longer version of the story:
> You may wonder why I needed to export to FCP or Avid. It is not because
> there was any weakness with kdenlive. In fact I managed to produce pristine
> quality DNxHD output video ready for publishing/distribution. However I'm
> not a professional movie editor, and when my movie was almost done, a
> professional guy saw it and liked it and offered his professional editing.
> He said he would need the project in either FCP or Avid and I couldn't
> deliver any of these easily. I played for some time with EDL export tool
> (available in resources), however I didn't manage to get anywhere with it.
> So after few days, basing my python scripts on that EDL tool (Kdenparse) I
> managed to export whole project to Avid flawlessly.
>
> Questions:
> I wonder if there's already any tool for achieving that (FCP or Avid
> export), maybe I doubled someone's work?
> If not, I wonder if there's any interest in sharing my tool ?
> (I think I've seen people requesting AAF/FCPXML export)
>
> let me know please,
> cheers,
> Piotr

1111.1010.r.i.1101|n.o.i.s.1110|i.m.1010.g.1110|مقاومة
fsf member #5439
usuario GNU/Linux #471966
|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|