[kdenlive] Best workflow for large projects

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue Dec 2 05:03:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

In other people's experience what is the best workflow when working on
large files?

I have a collection of 66 large videos taken over a year and I wish to
extract segments from various parts of the collection then bundle them
in a chronological sequence with music.

Pretty typical, I presume.

Considering each movie is between 500MB to about 1 GB, what is the best
way to manage this.

I presume when you create a clip with the Clip Monitor and save it is is
only saving the start and end time, rather than making a copy of the
segment. Consequently I expect there would be memory constraints to
consider on a large project. Multiple files in memory would eventually
result in a crash.

Is it better to create a clip and save it to disk, then create the final
product using the smaller clips?

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides