[Kdenlive-devel] v0.9.10

Vincent PINON vincent.pinon at laposte.net
Mon Aug 4 19:52:45 UTC 2014

Hi devlist readers!

Randa is now very close, and I expect these few days to be oriented
towards kdenlive future (be it KF5 or refactoring or something else or
all together).
So before that I'm trying to clean the "past", ie make a v0.9.10 release
as clean as possible (hoping it's the last time we have so boring long
numbers: 1.x soon? ;-) ).
I fixed most static analyzers warnings, and tried to reproduce and fix
bugs... even some very old are still relevant, and "simple" suggestions
could be nice to answer.

Triaging is a task where non-devs can help (even if mantis is not the
tool you prefer, migration is not my priority):
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/
request editor rights if needed, you can close tickets for
unreproducible issues (use latest builds from mlt), in feedback state
for long,
and mark the ones you think important as acknowledged + assign to me.
I don't find time to go to forums, if you have interesting cases there,
please forward the link or file in tracker.

Second task: translations. Almost no string change since 0.9.6, but many
languages are still incomplete (even not speaking about manual!), check
yours?
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kde4/po/kdenlive.po
Getting into KDE translation team can be a great opportunity to help the
project in general!

Now that I know the release process a bit better, I will try to avoid my
last mistakes...
My target is to catch Debian Jessie (5. nov.; for Ubuntu Utopic it's too
late: 7. aug.!), letting time for packagers & release managers to do
their work it means we should not wait too long!

If you have suggestions in mind for small improvements or big changes,
it's also time to write it to that list or in tracker, so that we can
consider it in our discussions.
(I posted my own list here last month ;-) )

Is this call worth a public blog post?
For sure there will be news soon, with pictures from the Alps!

BR,

Vincent