[Kdenlive-devel] Let's make KDEnlive lives again together

Christ-Jan Wijtmans cj.wijtmans at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 20:42:08 UTC 2013

ffmpeg recording does not work fine for me, and none of the recording
features in kdenlive ever worked for me. Especially if you want to record
any high performance 3d apps there are nearly no options for me on linux
without some issues.
You can do the recording manually there is no need for using kdenlive as a
recording program. You can import the recorded video files into kdenlive
project.
There is some contradiction in your post as you claimed the code to be
found unmaintable yet you oppose removing or moving features into plugins
to make a solid working base for kdenlive.
I have used many video editing software, from windows movie editor to sony
vegas, kdenlive has never worked for me and always frustrated me as i tried
to make videos for youtube, the latency and poor performance of ffmpeg did
not help either for recording though.

Live long and prosper,

Christ-Jan Wijtmans
https://github.com/cjwijtmans