[Kdenlive-devel] Let's make KDEnlive lives again together

Brian Matherly pez4brian at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 14:13:44 UTC 2013

Has anyone done an assessment of what it would take to get master working without reverting all the refactor changes? I would predict that if you revert the refactor, and keep making changes to master, they will diverge and the refactor changes will never be able to be reapplied. I did a quick assessment of the refactor changes, and I believe those changes are important for the long term evolution of Kdenlive.

While the master branch can not edit video right now, the 0.9 branch can. If all people need is some bug fixes, I recommend those changes be made in the 0.9 branch and any 0.9.x releases can be made from there.

If someone is volunteering to add major features, then those changes should be made in master. But if someone is willing and able to make major feature changes, then I would wonder if they would be able to get master working without reverting the refactor.

~Brian