[Kdenlive-devel] jack mlt transport sync issues

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed May 8 14:48:44 UTC 2013

On 05/07/2013 09:29 PM, Ed Rogalsky wrote:
> The fact is that the mlt clock is not synced with jack. This would be not
> so critical if the deverging speed would be less or null. For now the
> running transport sync is too bad for use. And this problem is only
> solveble if the two clocks are synced in some way :-((( Or there are some
> tricks?????

I'm no developer of kdenlive, nor MLT nor JACK, but I've dealt with JACK
quite a bit in the audio domain, and if I remember correctly, JACK is
actually designed to provide some sort of transport-control/timebase
master handling [1,2] for keeping multiple applications in sync.

In Ardour [3] or Hydrogen [4] for example, one can select JACK as "time
master" for perfect sync.

Regards,
Peter B.