[Kdenlive-devel] Website News

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Mon Jun 17 21:30:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just received an email form kdenlive.org's provider explaining they had to
move the website to a dedicated server because it was eating too much
resources. This is a temporary measure and I have to fix it in the next 15
days.

It looks like the Drupal 6.x databases are not in such a good shape, and we
probably some caching issues.

Of course, the recent spam kitchen attack on our forums probably didn't help.

The only solution I can see to fix this is to first upgrade to Drupal 7.x, but
it's probably a lot of work if we want to migrate everything.

So I am wondering if we should keep kdenlive.org mostly for the blog and
services (project templates downloads, etc) and move the rest to KDE's
infrastructure.

The forum could be hosted here:
http://forum.kde.org

The bugtracker could also be moved:
http://bugs.kde.org

Not sure if the existing content can be migrated but we could mark the current
forums / bugtracker as readonly and redirect to the new infrastructure for new
ones.

I am currently trying to focus on Kdenlive's refactoring and don't want to
waste too much time on this, so unless someone has something else to offer, I
think I will ask KDE's web team if they can host the forum for a start.

Regards
jb