[Kdenlive-devel] Moving forum...

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Jul 3 11:11:26 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 03 July 2013 10.01:07 Simon A. Eugster wrote:
> On 03.07.2013 08:48, Simon A. Eugster wrote:

> >> Yes, this is a really low priority.
> >>
> >> By the way, the new forum is up:
> >>
> >> http://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=262
> >
> > Finally! :)

Following a discussion with Yellow who has been very active on the kdenlive
forum, I will add a few more sub forums.

We had 16 on kdenlive.org (without international forums). I plan to add 2-3
more so that we have 5-6 sub forums on KDE's forum, which seems reasonable.

The reason to add a few more categories is that people interested in helping
on one topic (effects for example) can go to the "Effects and transition" topic
and quickly see the active posts without scrolling though lots of posts. Also,
"Installing Kdenlive" is an often requested topic which is not very
interesting to users who already have Kdenlive installed, and having it in a
different category makes sense.

My proposal is the following:

* General discussion
* Installing Kdenlive
* Effects and transitions
* Formats and rendering
* Gallery

If you have ideas for improving the hierarchy, speak now, I will request the
change later today and make kdenlive.org forums read only as well.

regards
jb