[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive 0.9.3

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Jan 29 19:23:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:10:27 +0100
Christ-Jan Wijtmans <cj.wijtmans at gmail.com> wrote:

> $ ffmpeg -f alsa -i default -f x11grab -r 25 -s 1280x720 -i
> :0.0+320,180 output.mkv

But now you're no longer capturing in lossless, which is what you were
attempting to do originally. It is usually recommended to capture your
screen using lossless mode in libx264 and then re-encode the output to
avoid the higher encoding cost during capture.

However, if you're planning on editing the screencast with Kdenlive then
huffyuv may be more editor friendly (I haven't tried lossless H.264
with Kdenlive):

$ ffmpeg -f alsa -i default -f x11grab -r 25 -s 1280x720 \
-i :0.0+320,180 -vcodec huffyuv -acodec pcm_s16le output.mkv

> Incompatible pixel format 'bgra' for codec 'libx264', auto-selecting
> format 'yuv420p'

That is just an info message, and not an error.