[Kdenlive-devel] Rendering interlaced video to HuffYUV

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 03:45:17 UTC 2013

On Friday, January 25, 2013 11:11 AM jb wrote:
>>On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 6:17 AM, Steven Boswell II <ulatekh at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>One thing I noticed in kdenlive is the "Advanced" tab in the
>>>"Properties" window of the imported clips.  It says I can override
>>>various properties, and I tried to turn off the "progressive" flag on
>>>my imported HuffYUV clips, but it didn't seem to take.
>
>Should be better now with my last commit.

I finally built RPMs for latest git mlt & kdenlive, and installed both on my system.

I imported a clip (an AVI containing a HuffYUV video, the one made from an interlaced stream that's mistakenly progressive now), selected "Clip properties", changed to the "Advanced" tab, check "Force field order", leave it on "Bottom first", and click "Apply".  There's no change in the "Video" tab, even if I close the dialog and bring it up again.
Not sure what else to try.

Thanks for looking into this.

I posted a bug report to ffmpeg's tracker regarding the loss-of-interlacing bug -- it's at https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2190 .  Hopefully something happens.

I have several videos I want to make in the future (some even job-related!) and would love to use all open-source products to do it.

Steven Boswell