[Kdenlive-devel] Rendering to raw YUV (with fix)

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 15:39:25 UTC 2013

>It also sets the interlaced and top_field_first fields of the AVFrame,
>except in the case of rawvideo!  Rawvideo output has some special
>handling.  I just committed a fix for it and verified the header field
>of yuv4mpeg output:

Thanks for looking into this so quickly!  I applied your patch locally, and indeed the header is correct now!

I'm not sure why I thought video_size was necessary...I guess I went so far down the rabbit hole yesterday, trying to get raw YUV output to work, that I lost track of what was necessary.  At first, my attempts to export raw YUV crashed out with no error message and a zero-length output file.  But it's working now, without my source-code patch.

>P.S.  please be aware that if you change the vertical resolution of an
>interlaced clip in any way, it is automatically deinterlaced because
>there is no field-aware scaler.

That's OK; if I need something like that, I can always use y4mscaler externally.

At some point, I think I'll figure out kdenlive's plugin API and write some glue code for mjpegtools-libs, so that all our video-processing tools can be used inside kdenlive.  That shouldn't be hard, and would be a nice addition.

Steven Boswell