[Kdenlive-devel] Supporting Broadcast Standard Renders

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Feb 11 05:11:52 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Brian Matherly <pez4brian at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>I'm currently working on a project for community video editors.  They may need to share files with persons using professional edit systems (like Avid, FCP, Quantel) and will definitely need to provide content to an open source playout server where they are going to use XDCAM HD422 .Mov files (generated using open source software).
>

>>Is it possible to add renders from FFMBC, like:
>>   * DNxHD
>>   * ProRes 422 HQ
>>   * XDCAM HD422
>>   * DVCPRO HD
>>
>>to Kdenlive?
>

> Kdenlive uses ffmpeg through the MLT framework. So in order to make Kdenlive work with FFMBC, you would have to compile MLT against FFMBC. This is probably theoretically possible. But I've never heard of anyone doing it. There would probably be some gochas along the day.
>

> Kdenlive currently supports DNxHD through MLT+FFMPEG/LIBAV today. You can download a render profile from here:
> http://www.kdenlive.org/rendering-profiles
> Or you can create your own in the render dialog.

I believe many FFMBC features have been merged into the main projects.
At least all of what was requested is possible today in stock
ffmpeg/libav. MLT already includes presets for these, and it is easy
to create kdenlive profiles from them:

https://github.com/mltframework/mlt/tree/master/presets/consumer/avformat

--
+-DRD-+