[Kdenlive-devel] Reverse clips?

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 01:22:37 UTC 2013

Digging around the Net today, I found out that reversing a clip in kdenlive involved first generating an .mlt file that reversed the existing clip, i.e. "mlt-melt -profile <profile> framebuffer:<input-clip> reverse=1 -consumer xml:<output-clip>.mlt".  That worked fine, and I was able to use it in kdenlive.

I would like to see that in the "Clip properties" dialog as a setting, and thought it might be a good first project for me.  But I failed at the first step -- modifying a .kdenlive file to reverse an imported clip.  From diffing two .mlt files, one with a reverse and one without, the difference is a line that says "<property name="reverse">1</property>" inside of a "producer" block.  I tried putting that line in a producer block in the .kdenlive file, some alternate names for "reverse" like "meta.media.reverse" and "meta.attr.reverse", and adding a 'reverse="1"' attribute to the kdenlive_producer block, but none of them had the desired effect.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to proceed?  Is this project harder than I think it is?

Steven Boswell