[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive 0.9.3

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Fri Feb 1 19:34:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:26:05 -0900
Lou <lou at lrcd.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:53:01 +0100
> Christ-Jan Wijtmans <cj.wijtmans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there any easy way to record both audio input and output? i looked
> > around and it requires some messing around with things i dont
> > understand. Could i make both pcmC0D0c  pcmC0D0p devices as input
> > files?
>
> With ALSA? Did you see this?
> <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/Capturing%20audio%20with%20FFmpeg%20and%20ALSA>
>
> You you have audio loopback capability on your sound card perhaps you
> can use it to capture everything. It is commonly called Stereo Mix/Wave
> out mix/Mono Mix/What U Hear (refer to alsamixer). The above link needs
> to be expanded to include such an example.
>
> You can also try a software solution, such as PulseAudio and
> pavucontrol as described in the FAQ here:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8746719&postcount=2
>
> However, I haven't tried any of these. You might get a better answer
> at linux-audio-user:

Additionally, a possibly less elegant solution in ffmpeg is to simply
make one audio stream per device. These can possibly be merged in the
same capture command with the "amerge" (and possibly "pan") audio
filter(s) in ffmpeg. Unfortunately I don't have an example for you, but
I think it is possible with some experimentation.

Input devices:
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-devices.html#alsa-1
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-devices.html#pulse

Audio filters: