[Kdenlive-devel] Fun with motion tracking

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Oct 21 12:39:12 UTC 2012

Hi!

For once, something fun to see on this list! While working to fix issues for
the next 0.9.4 release, I couldn't resist to implement a nice feature that is
clip analysis data.

Basically it means that Kdenlive has a basic infrastructure to retrieve
analysis data from a filter and store / re-use that data.

The best demonstration can be seen in this short clip with me. The video
clip's motion was analyzed with the autotrack_filter, then the data was used
to place the title.

This was all done automatically, it took me less than 5 minutes to film,
create the effect and render.

demo: http://kdenlive.org/videos/me.html

Nothing new in the video world, but a nice addition to Kdenlive. I will make a
blog post to explain the workflow in a few days.

Regards
jb