[Kdenlive-devel] Announcing Movit, a new video filter library

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Thu Nov 15 21:03:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:58:27AM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> To be honest, that's a tiny issue. But I easily get the demo to
> display images with incorrect aspect ratio. E.g. 2979x1979 is rendered
> as 16:10, so it's vertically squeezed.

Correct aspect handling is a known problem; the pipeline is created with a
given aspect, and everything that doesn't fit is scaled (bilinearly as
provided by your GPU, unless you instantiate a ResampleEffect, in which case
you'll get high-quality Lanczos resampling).

In the long run, I think the right thing to do would be to do letter- or
pillarboxing, although it's not immediately obvious what the background
should be. (This is one of the primary reasons why Movit also can't crop
right now.)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/