[Kdenlive-devel] Need to debug 0.9 problems

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Thu May 17 23:40:37 UTC 2012

I've installed 0.9 from git and have been playing with it. So far, it's been
exciting to see some of the new features, but I've run into some problems
trying to work on a project I created with a prior build.

I'm getting a crash with "Application: Kdenlive (kdenlive), signal: Floating
point exception" when I do various tasks like select a video clip in the
timeline or try to add a Pan/Zoom effect to another clip.

I looked at the developer wiki to see what I need to do to debug this. The
KdenliveBuilder wiki page seems like it would be helpful, but the
kdelive_builder.sh tool is quite out of date (pulls from SVN, my gosh) and
does not work.

It's been several years since I've done any C or C++ development. I know I
need to use gdb to step through the app, but I need to enable debugging
symbols and I don't remember how to do that.

Or, if there's an easy way to figure out from the KDE crash handler where in
the code this floating point exception is occuring, I suppose that'd get me
moving in the right direction.

FWIW, I'm running on Fedora 16, 64-bit, qt 4.8.1.

--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Something went wrong in jet crash, experts say"