[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive, image sequence TGA, JPEG, DPX

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed May 16 16:56:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 6:18 AM, andor zahonyi <andor.zahonyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Kdenlive developers,
>
> Thanks for doing the Kdenlive.
> I haven't used this software so far as it would be an essential feature for
> me to be able to import and edit image sequences.
> Most of my work/shots I have it as jpeg, TGA(targa) or DPX image sequences
> and I have to work with these files.
>
> Is your software able to import these 3 type image sequences for editing as
> a video?

Generally, we use Qt and/or GDK to load images, both of which are
modular with respect to supporting image formats, but each comes with
a set of ready "native" plugins. JPEG is supported by both. TGA is
supported by GDK, but not by Qt natively (i.e. might be able to locate
plugin). That means it works if your particular build/installation
supports it - most do. DPX is not natively supported by other.
However, you might be able to get the FFmpeg support to handle DPX
since that is supported by FFmpeg.

--
+-DRD-+