[Kdenlive-devel] Collapsible effect stack

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Mar 20 10:23:24 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 20 March 2012 11:44:15 Evert Vorster wrote:
> Would one be able to save this whole stack, too?
>
> I use fade out and fade to black together often, and tried to save that
> combination in the past, but it would not apply when I tried to load it.

The changes i have prepared only change the UI, no change is made to effect
saving.

This is only the first step, then I will work on effect grouping which will
allow to save a group of effects, and maybe also allow to drag & drop an
effect or a group onto another clip.

Also, I think that when saving an effect, we should let the user decide if the
effect is saved for this project only (it is only available in this project)
or globally (available in all projects).

A "favorite effect" feature could also be useful. The user could set some
effects as "favorite" and those would appear on top of the effect list.

regards

jb