[Kdenlive-devel] Alan Wake Trailer

Stefan Naumann snaumann2912 at yahoo.de
Sun Mar 11 08:45:18 UTC 2012

Hey there,

I just did a video using H264 as source files - creating proxy files wasn't that a problem, but with more than 40 GB of source files it takes its time. Well. Normal MPEG looks awful, just to say the least. But works as a proxy file format - Not. Audio and Video were just out of sync. I just ungrouped audio and video tracks and removed audio, for I didn't need that. Using KDEnlive was good, No errors, no complains, no SegFaults. Good. I just find it odd for a soft blend to add "addition" transition and let both videos fade from / to black. This is somewhat unusual. But it works.

Rendering the file: Oh god. I rendered the project to HDD not using the proxy clips. (I'm sure you can understand that). Watched the video and it was just awful. The videoclips weren't what they looked like as proxy. I guess the ffmpeg thread did some mistakes creating proxies, for the audio track apparently beeing right, but the video just is way to late. Using the original footage, but with the proxy times, just is bad, for there is not shown, what I wanted it to be, but lets say 10 seconds later. So I have to convert the original footage again to proxies, but with better quality. I was searching more than 30 minutes for the options dialog to do that. Can you just put a button right aside the select-box in project settings menu? Thanks.

I hope I can help you find and fix more problems and bugs.

Original Footage: h264, aac ; came from Hauppauge HD PVR ; 720p 59,99 fps
using KDEnlive SVN version from PPA of Ubuntu Oneric Ocelot.

Regards Stefan Naumann