[Kdenlive-devel] Refactoring

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Thu Jul 26 18:44:33 UTC 2012

On Thursday 26 July 2012 14:45:56 Till Theato wrote:

> Sorry for the lack of any activity guys. I've been very busy
> unfortunately. If everything goes well I'll have time to start hacking
> next week again.

Ok, take care and I hope that we can make some progress in the next weeks.

On my side, I have been trying Dan's Shotcut project (A Qt based video editor)
and I must say that I really like the monitor's scrub bar. Also, seeking and
playback seems much smoother than in Kdenlive. I have made some tests to
integrate Shotcut's GLWidget in Kdenlive's refactoring branch and it seems to
work well.

I am not sure why things work much smoother with Shotcut's widget (handling of
the openGL code or the use of QGraphicsView in Kdenlive's refactoring) but I
definitely think we should consider using Shotcut's QGLWidget or find the
bottleneck in our own code.

regards
jb