[Kdenlive-devel] Urgent proxy problem please help

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:53:48 UTC 2012

Sleepless, it seems as if you pulled a bad version from git. This can
happen if the developers are in the middle of an update while you
pull.

I use git from 2012 01 08, and no problems with proxies.

If you get the absolutely latest git, and still have a problem, please
file a bug report with mantis bug tracker.

I hope this helps,

-Evert-

2012/1/23 Gabriel Gazzán <gabcorreo at gmail.com>:
> This very good description should be in the manual. ;)

> 2012/1/23 jb <jb at kdenlive.org>
>>
>> On Monday 23 January 2012 13:43:57 sleepless wrote:
>> > Please help
>> > One day I got proxy clips to work, but after some upgrade I have
>> > troubles I can not solve by my own
>> >
>> > I use Ubuntu 11.04
>> > Kde 7.4.2
>> > kdenlive 0.8.3+git20120115.5146194b-0ubuntu0~sunab~natty1
>> > libmlt++3 0.7.7+git20120115.4a19e86c-0ubuntu0~sunab~natty1
>> > libmlt4 0.7.7+git20120115.4a19e86c-0ubuntu0~sunab~natty1
>> > frei0r-plugins 1.3.0+git20111010.16cfe66a-0ubuntu0~sunab~natty1
>> >
>> > If I add clips no proxy is build. If I close the project and reopen ony
>> > the last clip gets a proxi
>> > If I close again and reopen the second last clip gets a proxy and so on
>> >
>> > In the end all clips have the ¨P¨ in it, but on the timeline it plays as
>> > bad as if there are no proxies at all.
>> >
>> > In the past I had to force some older versions and to change something
>> > in the proxy setup, but I lost the info and do not remeber what I used
>> > when it still worked.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> To build the proxy clips, a few steps are required:
>>
>> 1 - Enable Proxy clips in project Settings: Menu "Project > Project
>> Settings".
>>
>> 2 - To automatically build proxy for new clips added to the project,
>>                enable "Generate for videos larger than..." in the same
>> dialog as point 1,
>>                and set the minimum width for clips to be proxied
>>
>> 3 - To generate proxies for clips already in the project,
>>                select one or more clips in Project Tree and right click
>> for context menu,
>>                then check the "Proxy clip" option.
>>

>> The parameters used to build proxies are visible in the "Project Settings"
>> dialog, click on the (I)nfo icon beside the encoding profile.
>>
>> If a proxy clip seems broken, you can delete it by double clicking on the
>> clip
>> in project tree and click the "Delete proxy" button in clip properties
>> dialog.
>>
>> That's the way things should work in Kdenlive. If you still have problems,
>> please paste your proxy encoding parameters in a mail and describe what
>> parameters are set and what does not work.
>>
>> regards
>> jb

Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it, poorly.