[Kdenlive-devel] IndieGoGo campaign details

Simon A. Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:23:29 UTC 2012

On 02/16/2012 12:27 AM, Till Theato wrote:

> On 02/13/2012 11:11 PM, Simon A. Eugster wrote:
>>
>> On 02/13/2012 09:42 PM, Till Theato wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> before setting up a the campaign a few things might require
>>> further discussion:
>>>
>>> - - Goal: 2200€ (currently about 2910 US$). For that money (minus
>>> all
>>
>> I think you could well go to 2800 € for two months.
>>
>>> the fees) I will work in May and June. 8h/day, 20 days in May and
>>> also in June. In case we receive less money I could still work
>>> for some time on Kdenlive but I cannot say yet how long it will
>>> then. What should we do in case we receive more money? Eventually
>>> I will be able to append a week or two in July but what about the
>>> rest?
>>
>> I'd postpone this decision ... You can still think about it in case
>> you get a lot more money :) Maybe also depends on the progress you
>> made etc.
>
> But we need to tell people what will happen with any money left...

Yep; If it is much more than you can work and than is required for the
perks, we could put it aside for future use.

>>> - - Perks: Some ideas that would be relatively easy to do: 10$
>>> donor listing on website 25$ donor listing, vote for feature,
>>> proposals to be discussed with us/me beforehand 50$ donor
>>> listing, 2 votes for feature 100$ donor listing, feature within
>>> reason (to be discussed with us/me beforehand) 500$ donor
>>> listing, "big" feature (...)
>>
>> Clapperboards? Postcard from your country? Kdenlive stickers?
>> http://uk.moo.com/products/stickers/ Some local speciality? (like
>> we have Swiss Army knives, or edibles)
>
> That sounds good. I will have a look into these ideas!
> We will have to see how much the goal has to be raised then.
>

>>> well, they are not very creative but at least they would allow us
>>> to start the campaign quickly without much further preparation.
>>> Other perks could be added later on (e.g. maybe someone
>>> volunteers to design
>>
>> and pay :-] Sponsors, anyone? I'd like to have a Kdenlive tee as
>> well. They often have large minimum ... editions? (you know what I
>> mean) like 250 or so. Would be very cool if we could find a sponsor
>> for this. Maybe we could even get some higher-quality T-shirts
>> (thicker fabric).
>
> Or we go for a higher donation goal, so that we can cover that, too.

Maybe not the T-shirts since this would easily be 1000 to 2000 already
-- unless we do it via zazzle.com posted by Wille. But perhaps it is
better to set up a zazzle shop separately from IndieGoGo and offer other
perks here.

Simon