[Kdenlive-devel] Slomo test

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Dec 13 19:32:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:
> Hi Evert, I made a change in MLT to fix the frame rate override.
> However, it does not automatically change the duration of the clip
> accordingly and requires a funky MLT XML workaround. It will not be
> possible to make it automatically adjust the duration within the
> framework or plugin due to a design limitation. You see, the duration
> is computed when the ffmpeg object is created, but it does not know
> the new frame rate at that time! The new frame rate is supplied as a
> property after the object is created. Therefore, the app needs to make
> this duration adjustment when the user overrides the frame rate.

JB,
I made a change in the MLT framebuffer producer to do this
automatically if the real producer's fps is greater than the profile's
fps. So, it now comes for free when using the Kdenlive speed effect.
:-) However, if someone overrides the frame rate in the advanced clip
properties, then perhaps consider to adjust the duration. Or not: one
can argue the overrides are to fix mis-detected things, and the
duration just comes from libavformat duration, which may or may not be
computed from the fps.

--
+-DRD-+