[Kdenlive-devel] backups after recovery failure?

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli at iki.fi
Mon Sep 26 22:47:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:48:25PM +0200, jb wrote:
> On 26/09/2011 23:07, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there any way to get an autosaved backup back after recovery failed
> > with unexpected end of file?
> >
> If you are using the development version of Kdenlive (0.8.1), you can go
> to Project > Open backup file

Oh, this is good to know. Had saved backups 30 min ago, so had to get back
to the editing zone to redo a few minutes of timeline which was lost.

> This will show you a list of all backup files existing on your system. I
> hope you are using latest version and can try it... let me know if this
> helped.

This was the first time in ages that recovery failed. I guess if the lock
file got lost there's no way to see what the problem was.

The error which stopped kdenlive was an odd, maybe I ran out of
virtual memory in the long editing session:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc

0xb7fe2424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

But that's a different story...

-Mikko