[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive Kickstarter

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Sep 15 16:18:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Ernie Zahn <ernest.zahn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was wondering if there has ever been an effort to raise money on
> Kickstarter for Kdenlive. The proceeds could go to listing bounties for
> features or support that is not yet developed or completed. I wold love
> to help make that happen. I can draft a script.

Is any developer willing to make the level of commitment that the
money obligates? I do not pay much attention to Kickstarter, but my
impression is that it is more appropriate for a person or group that
is going to use the money to work on the project fulltime. Is that a
fair impression or wrong?

I already get paid projects for work on MLT, but it is purely work on
the side of my fulltime employment. I am very careful to make sure I
do not take on anything too big because I understand it is a
commitment alongside other commitments. Because Kdenlive is so
dependent on MLT, if this Kickstarter happens, I just want to let you
know I am not able to give any more attention to the needs of Kdenlive
than I already give.

--
+-DRD-+