[Kdenlive-devel] Release announcement (preview)

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Mon Oct 31 15:59:12 UTC 2011

Hi.

Below, you will find the short text I prepared for the 0.8.2 release that I
will make public tonight. If any of you have comments or suggestions before
the release, send your feedback.

regards
jb

We are proud to announce the immediate release of Kdenlive 0.8.2.
For this release, we did put a lot of energy into bug fixing and stability
(more than 140 issues solved) to bring you a better editing experience. We
have solved a lot of project corruption issues, and the introduction of the
automatic backup feature means you should hopefully enjoy Kdenlive better than
ever!

Among the features improvements, the proxy clips (clips replacing the original
ones when editing a format that is too slow to edit, for example AVCHD) should
work fine now, HDMI capture should also be improved (feedback welcome) and some
GUI multi threading should make operations a bit smoother.

As usual, we also benefit from the latest improvements in MLT, a new version
(0.7.6) was released today that improves stability and fixes important issues
for users of non english locale.

We are also getting closer to the KDE community, and the first step was to
start a documentation effort, which means Kdenlive is now distributed with a
"Quick Start Guide" that should show you the basic steps to start working in
Kdenlive. This help is also available and editable online at:
http://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manual

For a detailed list of changes, see our Kdenlive 0.8.2 information page.

And since we want Kdenlive everywhere, you can now also follow us on Facebook,
Twitter, Identi.ca.

A big thank you to all the developers, translators and users who helped to
make this great release.

Source code can be downloaded from our sourceforge page, and packages will be
announced as usual on our download page when available.
Support can be found in our forums and issues reported on our bugtracker.