[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive-HEAD very slow on timeline click in AVCHD videos

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Sat Oct 29 14:27:56 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I have a problem with Kdenlive, both on a Gentoo and Ubuntu computer. It
was built from head using the scripts from
http://www.mltframework.org/twiki/bin/view/MLT/BuildScripts because with
both the distribution version of Ubuntu 11.10 and Gentoo, I experienced
severe A/V delays when editing/transcoding.

Now earlier when I clicked in the "middle" of a video, it took on my
Q9550 PC about half a seocond to update the picture (ffmpeg 0.7.6, melt
0.5.10, kdenlive 0.7.8). Now with the HEAD version (built 2011-10-29,
ffmpeg git-2011-10-29-6faf0a2, melt 0.7.5, kdenlive 0.8.1 rev 5997), it
takes about 4-5 seconds for the picture to update, once I clicked on the
timeline.

Videos are AVCHD ("MTS" extension) directly from the camcorder, example
at https://spornkuller.de/00022.mts

If there's anything I can do to debug this problem, please let me know!

Best regards,
Johannes