[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive Kickstarter

Till Theato root at ttill.de
Sun Nov 20 20:57:17 UTC 2011

On 10/13/2011 09:11 PM, Dan Dennedy wrote:
> http://www.readwriteweb.com/cloud/2011/10/the-state-of-diaspora-and-fund.php
>
>  After this and Novacut, I feel that most open source projects run
> through Kickstarter end up receiving a lot of resentment. The
> community funding model does not match the user expectations.

Additionally: When I first had the idea of working full time on
Kdenlive I thought about some neat new features (definitely no special
effects though ;)). Such a defined goal would probably make a fund
raising more attractive. However since I'll have very little time till
April and since nobody did have much time in the past few months this
probably won't work out. I am not willing to add any big features to
the existing code. While it has served Kdenlive great in the past it's
structures can't hold all of Kdenlive's features anymore. That's what
we concluded in Randa. So I would have to work on refactoring. But how
do you sell refactoring?