[Kdenlive-devel] Git workflow

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Nov 4 15:19:34 UTC 2011

написане Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:55:19 +0200, jb <jb at kdenlive.org>:

> 1) What about string freeze? My proposal to wait a few weeks before
> merging
> new features after a release was to make sure that no new string is
> introduced
> if we make a .1 release. But then it would block development, so I think
> that
> if we need to make a .1 release, it is probably better to do as you
> proposed:
> create a new branch from the release tag, fix the problems in this
> branch,
> create new release from that branch then merge changes to master.

Hi,

It can be done on the translation side (just add CCMAIL:
kde-i18n-doc at kde.org to the commit message when creating the stable branch
to let translation coordinator that stable translation should be switched
to the stable branch [1]). There is no need to stop translators from
translating master (in will always be translated in trunk [2]).

The important fixes just should be cherry-picked by the developers from
master to stable branch (there is no automation, afaik).

This model is already used by some extragear applications (KTorrent,
Tellico, Kile).

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n-kde4/