[Kdenlive-devel] svn: audio editing messed up

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 02:35:34 UTC 2011

On 05/05/2011 01:23 PM, Dan Dennedy wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:01 AM, jb<jb at kdenlive.org>  wrote:
>> On Thursday 05 May 2011 10:05:30 Dan Dennedy wrote:
>>
>>> I reproduced it only by placing the same clip after itself and then
>>> trimming the end of the first instance. Looking at the xml, I see it
>>> has a single producer with multiple references to it. When I changed
>>> the xml and made a duplicate producer with a different id and
>>> referenced the new id in the playlist, the problem went away. I warned
>>> about multiple references.
>>
>> I cannot reproduce myself. About multiple references, I am aware of issues
>> with transitions using the same producer, that is why in Kdenlive we use a
>> different producer id for each track. For example if you put the same clip
>> twice on track 2, it will be the same producer id, but if you place the same
>> clip on track 2 and 3, it will be 2 different producers.
>>
>> I was not aware of issues using the same producer on one track. Means we
>> cannot cut a clip without having issues? Seems strange to me since nobody ever
>> complained.
>>
>> Can you send me a copy of a project showing the issue?
>>

> I will investigate some more on the problem to see if was recent
> regression and why exactly the problem occurs.

I'm now not sure there is a problem.

Originally, I dragged a clip to a video timeline. No waveform showed on
the video timeline. Then I dragged the clip to an audio timeline. (BTW,
why doesn't a stereo clip take 2 audio timelines?). I was messing with
the audio timeline.

I think my problem was that the audio was also in the video timeline, so
changing the audio had no effect: the audio in the video timeline was
playing, even though the audio timeline was reduced/faded.

sean