[Kdenlive-devel] Fwd: Re: Rendering dialog redesign

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Jun 11 17:53:28 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Simon Eugster <simon.eu at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://granjow.net/uploads/kdenlive/kdenlive-rendering-dialog-v2.1-favs.png
> http://granjow.net/uploads/kdenlive/kdenlive-rendering-dialog-v2.1-main.png

I thought more about my specific suggestions.
Re: container format - can that not almost always be inferred from the
filename extension? OTOH,  I guess someone can want no extension, can
make a typo, or use some variant extension not supported by
libavformat.

Re: Additional melt options - can or should we make this field only
for additional options and hide the generated ones? (Maybe provide
some button to show the composed melt command.)

Not comfortable with the overall layout of the main page, but I do not
have specific suggestions. It just looks a bit random or cluttered,
and as Alberto said, overwhelming (esp. concerned about the
non-beginner but infrequent kdenlive user).

> http://granjow.net/uploads/kdenlive/kdenlive-rendering-dialog-v2.1-scripts.png
> http://granjow.net/uploads/kdenlive/kdenlive-rendering-dialog-v2.1-queue.png
>
> Regarding presets and favourites, I would in this case have presets
> only for now. If the presets list becomes too long, I would then add
> favourite presets there.

OK, maybe when there are categories, Favorites can be one and appear at the top.

+-DRD-+