[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive proxy clip settings

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli at iki.fi
Sun Jul 31 19:41:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

Inspired by the fine manual in userbase, I enabled proxy clips on a project.

What does the "larger than 1000pixels" mean?

My project is 720p30 and clips that I'd like to proxy are AVCHD with
1080i25 and 720p60.

And where are the proxy files?

My laptop has a small but fast SSD disk so I need to clean the filesystem
quite a lot, and archive and move projects to other disks and machines.

Related to files, kdenlive default directory paths are always wrong on my
Debian squeeze and unstable setups with Gnome. I start kdenlive from command
line to get some debug output and in the project directory, and project file
is usually given as argument. Would be nice if all file dialogs would start
from that directory instead of ~/kdenlive or some other places. Maybe
some kde or qt config or package would make this better.

-Mikko