[Kdenlive-devel] Place for collecting links to ideas?

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sat Jul 9 11:18:09 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 10:23:10AM +0200, Simon A. Eugster wrote:
> Sometimes people take their time to think about and write down suggestions
> for improvements regarding workflow, features, and so on.
> These are often good ideas, but get lost due to the nature of forum topics.
> (Recent example: http://kdenlive.org/forum/my-suggestions-after-month-kdenlive)
> Do you agree that we should collect those links? Maybe in the userbase?

Didn't look at userbase but forums, mailing lists, irc channels
are "streaming" media (which is/can be archived to some extent
but that's a subproduct) -- in contrast, wikis are "state" media.

So in similar cases having discussion happening on "streaming"
media and (current) results maintained as a "state" does help.

BTW bug trackers are in between, and closer to mailing lists:
you can't remove what's already noise (and it's by design).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>